Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Today I got quite a bit done, and had a peaceful day with Mom. After doing two loads of laundry, looking at Mom's Europe souveiniers, and watching soap operas with her over lunch (homeade BLTs), I'm pretty content. Dinner was good too. Fried Talapia fish, fresh asperagus, homeade tarter sauce, black eyed peas, and cornbread (can you tell I'm from the South?), to quote my favorite cook, Rachel Ray, Yum-O! Her new show starts this fall on a local channel versus cable. I am ready! Anything I can cook at all is good, but if I can cook something in thirty minutes, hey, even better. The whole day just made me happy.

I also got lesson plans done for the rest of the summer for Spanish tutoring, along with mandatory paperwork to be turned in. I work again tomorrow, and hope for the best. I really love the job. Flexible hours, great kids, and just all around good colleagues. We don't meet over the summer, so there's going to be a lot to say about summer come August. I can't wait.

I've really learned a lot about patience, the human body, and the human spirit this summer. It's been a great Godly journey, and I am looking forward to the fall.

No comments: