Sunday, April 30, 2006

Today is going to be a day of rest for my parents and I. Yesterday, I headed to Houston with a couple of my guy friends for the Japanese Anime Convention. I even bought a drawing of artwork called Blue Eyes by an artist there. The artist was cute too, so it was pretty neat. The soundtrack to RENT was playing behind us, and I thought it was interesting to learn that the artist had never heard of RENT. I gave him a brief description, and he seemed to enjoy that.


People were everywhere, in costumes and casual dress. It was a blast. We also got to see the latest anime film, The Basilisk. After touring the basement where you can really do some great shopping, I headed to dinner at Mais Vietnamese Restaurant with my friend Martin. It was so nice to have a good meal after not eating very well while family traveled. We got caught in traffic on the way to my house. The toll road would have been nicer. That's all I am going to say about that.


I can't believe May is here. This week we get to stay home, and Sunday the 7th is the Florida trip. Then on May 13th, Rachel and Carlton get married in Houston. I can't wait to support them in their new life together. The weekend after that, I get to see David and Martin while we celebrate Martin's birthday insanely early, and head to Market Square. My parents will be in Houston that weekend. They get to see 110 In The Shade. Not only that, but they get to attend the cast party and dinner too. Wow. The rest of the month we just get to relax before I start summer tutoring June 1st.


That's my update for now. I hope it gets everyone up to speed, and as each event happens in May, I'll do separate posts. ^_^

No comments: