Saturday, April 22, 2006

Today was a good day at Simply Tutoring. We shared final thoughts for the end of the school year, and summer hopes as we continue to tutor. The neat thing about the job is, you get to do more than just teach a subject, you get to see what else the kids are interested in. Spanish is going to be my language for the summer, and I can't wait. My student is auditory, and loves playing with tape recorders. Yay!


Each of us got a white board to take home to use, along with a gift certificate for Barnes And Noble. Very nice. Lunch was little burritos stuffed with different meats and cheeses. To quote Rachel Ray, I must say...Yum-O!


The rest of my day is going well too. I called a college friend about getting together next month, and I hope it works out. I start tutoring in June, so this would be a good time to do something around town. Maybe we can go to the sushi place we ate at before. Uni Sushi. The Miso Soup is soooo good!


This weekend I also discovered that my eyes aren't as good as they used to be, so I wear magnification glasses to see while reading and typing. They work great. I'm going to spend the rest of Saturday and Sunday taking it easy. Monday I'll do more chores, and Tuesday Mom and I see the dentist up here. He's not the type that likes to talk to his patients, and I dislike this, but I'll get used to it. At least I haven't had cavities in almost 30 years. Whoo hoo! :-)


I'm going to start reading the children's Spanish book I bought, and get ready to tutor. The pictures are great. I think they'll be really good when trying to learn. I'll post again this evening, and let folks know how it goes. Until then, enjoy your Saturday!

No comments: