Wednesday, June 07, 2006

As babysitting and work continue to flourish, I am learning so much about teaching through play for young ones. A friend of mine got her degree in music therapy, and my hope is that since she's living abroad for a few years, she'll be able to use those skills in her new environment. We'll see. I sent she and her brother who is also abroad, a little note about my experiences, and I hope it brightens their day. I also heard from a friend in NY about his experiences with musicals for the summer stock program he's doing. He'll perform in CATS, South Pacific, and Fiddler On The Roof. Yeah! Tradition! The Tony Awards are this weekend, and we both hope The Color Purple will win an award. The musical theatre world is something I've always liked. Having been exposed to theatre, foreign language, dance, and music, I feel like I have come full circle from childhood to adulthood. The arts are my gig in life, no matter what I use them for. Most of it, of course, is for pleasure, but work can also have these things interwoven in them. It just gives me great pleasure to do lesson plans each week, and exercise creativity in myself and my student. What a blessing. I'm going to sign off now, and get back to work...I babysit today too, so life is about to get busy again. Ciao!

No comments: