Friday, June 16, 2006

Today was interesting. My sister came to get the baby, and we shared food from Mission Burrito. Yum. Then, Mom and I slept with the cats because we were full. Now I'm thinking back to a conversation Mom and I had about General Convention and the gay community. A bishop was elected and ordained in New Hampshire, and controversy still goes on about him being in the church today. As a member of the Episcopal Church, I must say, get over it. We have female rectors, and a female bishop was just named for Texas. If being gay was as huge an issue as women in the church, well, we'd be more than divided.

It just irritates me. The Texas Episcopalian has articles on the gay issue and this new bishop. If people can't accept either one of these, I have to say tough. The church is progressive today. We are learning to accept what we're given in this world. And if we can't accept it, then the world will just be as sinful as ever, in my opinion. Men are not always on top in the church. Women can step outside the box and show themselves to be as good as any male priest. The same thing goes with the gay bishop. If all you see is gay, then you are narrow minded. Look at him as a whole person, and the difference he is making in his diocese.

The gay debate will wage on until we are all wiped out. Mom always said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. And for those who know me personally, you can take your feelings about the gay community and shove them where the sun don't shine. I happen to be in the community myself, and don't feel any shame or guilt, confusion or frustration. Case closed. If you really know me, you know this is just one small fraction of who I am as a whole person. If you could see the bishop this same way, then maybe life would be a little bit easier to live and this world wouldn't be so bigoted.

I'm not ashamed. God created me in His image, and this is just one small thing that He decided to make me over with. My CP is just as unique. He created me this way for a reason. To chase the bigots and mean people out of town.

I hope GC will continue to go well despite this debate. Tomorrow I'm going to be spending quality time with two of my best friends, and yes, for all you bigots, we're gay as the sun is yellow! I have yet to go to Pride Parade in NYC to prove it. I plan to enjoy my time with them, and that's it. It's like Pink sings...stupid girls. She should sing stupid bigots while she's at it. The key in this life is to live the way you were made to live, and love your neighbor as yourself!

Next year will be my ten year anniversary since coming out. And I plan to throw a party! More later...must go eat with family...and pray that GC gets a spiritual facelift.

No comments: