Monday, June 26, 2006

Yesterday was a pretty good day compared to Friday and Saturday. I went outside, got some sun with my iPod Shuffle, hung out with family, and we witnessed a windy rainstorm on the way to have Mexican food for dinner. That was bizzare. After dinner, we headed to The University of Houston, my alma matter, to see my sister's kids swim in Gulf Champs. I think they did pretty well, but kids from other teams kept placing first. Ouch. The whole new facility that was built on campus for students and the athletes is nice. There's an exercise gym, an indoor track, indoor pool, and a health and wellness center that now includes women's health. Anna's mom works there. Saw her and Anna at Rachel's wedding, and Anna's mom says that even though the campus is not student friendly, this facility is one of the best state of the art ones she's seen in a long time. There's even a nursery for parents with babies who come to work out. Very nice. Size wise, it's huge. After the meet, we headed home. I still think it's funny that it only took 30 minutes to get to and from Houston, but we took the Hardy Toll Road. Huzzah! We then settled in for The Astros vs. The White Sox. Oh man, what a game. A grand slam by the Sox tied us 9-9, and I still don't know who won, since I went to bed at 11 PM, and they were in inning 12! To quote Collins from RENT, "Daaamn!" Even if we lost, it was still a great game. This makes me want to really attend the one July 3rd. The Sox in general, are a tough team. We shall see. I'll post again later this week in case there are more games to report. In the meantime, today should be a good day. :-)

Edit: The Astros beat the Sox!!!! I can't believe it. We won in the 12th inning, by one point! OMG. July 3rd is gonna rock. It's one thing to see the Astros on TV, and another to see them in person. I'm doing a happy dance right now. Squeee!

No comments: