Thursday, July 06, 2006

The rest of the week after the holiday weekend has gone well. Today I went to work again, and this time, I got to see my student's closets in her two rooms. We talked about clothing in Spanish, and toys. Playing Cooties was fun too. I haven't done that in a long time. Mom and I watched the soap operas today too. One of our favorite characters is dying, and the tears just kept on coming for the cast as well as for us. We know it's all TV, yet there is something to be said about one's last wishes and words to friends and family. I've been planning my funeral for years now. My best friend from NYC knows what I want. He's going to play or sing two of my favorite songs from the musical RENT. I'll Cover You and Will I?. I even know where I'll be laid to rest. My parents bought a couple of niches in the church's columbarium, and my brother is already in his slot. I'm actually glad the soap operas and such bring about such a difficult topic like death. It's really opened my eyes. I miss my friends and family that have gone on, but I know one day we'll all be together. I'm just happy to know that my final wishes will be granted just the way I'd like.

With my body behaving the way it is, I'm blessed to have family, co workers, friends, etc. around me. Nothing could be greater than this. I'll most likely post again on July 10th, but until then, may this open your eyes to truth, faith, hope, and love.

No comments: