Tuesday, January 20, 2009

America......Today I see a new horizon. Today I see me putting down everything on the soil upon which I stand. Today, I am humble. Today, I am grateful. Today, I am simple. Today, I wrap my entire being around those who differ from me. Today, I extend my hands to those who need me. Today, my heart, mind, body, and soul soar for all who see me. Today, I listen to those who speak to me. Today, I am heard by those who hear the voice with which I speak. Today, I allow President Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, and First Children, Malia and Sasha Obama to take me to places I have yet to explore on my own, and beyond. Today, I allow Neil Diamond to sing about a nation and a world that can, and will, come together in unity like I have never experienced before, in my generation, from 1975-2009, and beyond.

Today.....
My country tis of thee
Today...
Sweet land of liberty
Today...
Of thee I sing
Today.....
Of Thee I sing
Today......
Today......
Today......

America by Neil Diamond

No comments: