Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Events

In a month, I am turning 40.  Tomorrow is October 1, 2015, and my birthday falls on Thanksgiving Day this year.  September ended on a very high note, after I was bullied on Linkedin, a professional career website for making a mistake in translating.  There was also the petit mal siezure that my cat was able to intervene with.  He sat on my chest until the siezure stopped.  I took the high road for both instances.  And because the driver was late on arrival with my medications, I had to ride the siezure out, and recover a little bit slower than I would have liked.  Today is Wednesday, and all of the above happened Monday.  This I know to be true.  My friends who really care see me offline.  The rest are stuck in what I now see as CyberSpace addictions.  They THINK I am going to be on Facebook, Twitter, and stick around.  The truth be told.  I will not engage in war, but wait until visits can be arranged.

Everyone needs to get offline for awhile, so I am slipping out the back door quietly.  This is where my DID takes the reigns.  This delightful world protects me now more than ever before.  As a group, they know what I want in life.  Vince, Brandon, Keith, and Stephen are brave as hell.  Cops currently have a bad rap, but that doesn't stop them.  Erin has successfully recovered from Meth addictions, and Amber has learned to put the bottle down.  Connie and her triplets, Taylor, Issac, and Zach, are doing so well.  Poppy loves being a big sister, even though her twin, Thomas has passed.

I am so thankful that my brain is still in tact after all that I have endured at age 39.  My quality of life is as good as my medical team can make it right now.  My psychiatrist is seeing me next Tuesday, October 6, followed by a neighborhood social event.  Lately, there has been a bustle of activity here in Del Webb, and I am getting my new social skills down, since everyone here are seniors.  I am also awaiting the new move to the apartment, which will also happen this month.

Being independent has been amazing so far.  And my hope is that I continue to develop into a responsible, caring, and loving human being during this new decade.

No comments: