Saturday, May 27, 2006

Today has been good. Acid reflux is still a problem, and I am really trying to get it under control. Lunch had less fat than breakfast, and I just have to keep watching what I eat. The taramisu from Bucca Di Peppo is sooo rich with rum that you can't take more than one bite. Sinful, yet pleasurable. In other news, family is split up during the holiday weekend. My sister and her family are probably at a beach house in Galveston, and my brother and his friends are cleaning out the garage. Whoohoo! Garage sale soon to take place. We could use one too. Since moving here, we've accumulated so much stuff. It's amazing what you can collect in almost 41 years of marriage!

Life is really in the treasures you collect. Sometimes they are hard to part with, but you learn to cope. If Dad finds his bacon press, we'll be in good shape. I'm going to veg out, and rest today. It's supposed to rain through Tuesday here, so sleep may be good after all.

I hope to post more throughout the weekend as we do things around here. Wednesday and Thursday I'll be pretty busy but Friday will be a good day to summarize too. Cheers!

No comments: