Friday, February 20, 2009

Tonight I am going to see Edward Albee's two act play, At Home At The Zoo, which combines Homelife and The Zoo Story. The director, Doctor Sidney Berger, is retiring from UH in May 2009, and seeing him direct my mentors play is so exciting since being a well rounded student was my thing, French, Philosophy, Psychology, Theater, and Dance. It has been an honor to be a part of Doc's teaching career as well as a fan and student of Mr. Albee, unoffically, since I was not a Thater major. However, doing my own plays, dance coreography, etc. was a blast. French Theater with Guy-Pierre Couleau was so awesome too, he and wife Anne flew from France to teach us all we know today, and yes, I kept all of my scripts from college. Go Coogs! I even had some acting turns with foreign accents too, which totally allowed me to embrace characters from all over the world.

More later.....must get ready for the afternoon an evening before I head out.

No comments: